What to Expect at your Drapery Street Design Consultation
During your consultation, your designer will provide solutions and help bring your design visions to life!
At Drapery Street, we start the window treatment process with a complimentary design consultation. During the consultation, we’ll give you a quick tour of our showroom and encourage you to view, touch, and interact with different products and fabrics to see which ones you respond most to.
The goals of this meeting are:
- To get to know your designer and for your designer to get to know you
- Identify and discuss your design tastes
- Decide on the functional needs of your window treatments
- Discuss your budget so we stay within it
We’ll ask you a few questions to help us uncover your needs & which products are best suited for you and your home. Expect questions like:
- How long do you plan to stay in your home?
- Do you prefer to tilt the vanes of your shades or completely raise your shades?
- How important is privacy, blackout capability, heat reduction, sound reduction, and UV protection?
After your consultation, your designer will prepare 3 estimates for you:
- Your favorites
- Our curated selections based on your favorites
- The most budget-friendly options based on your favorites
We will walk you through these estimates and help you finalize your selections. From there, you can sit back and relax while we take care of the rest!
Schedule your complimentary design consultation:
Fill out the form and we will contact you to get started.
Getting the Most of Your Design Consultation:
You don’t have to bring a thing to your design consultation, but it can be more productive and fun if you have the following with you:
- Inspirational pictures from magazines or websites that showcase your style
- Photos of your space and your windows
- Photos of the furniture pieces you plan to use in the room
- Paint swatches or other fabrics in the room (if available)
- Basic measurements of your room and window – Download our How to Measure for Window Treatments Guide. Don’t worry about exact measurements! We’ll visit your home to verify measurements before a final purchase is made.