What to Expect at your Drapery Street Design Consultation
During your consultation, your designer will provide solutions and help bring your vision to life!
At Drapery Street, we start the window treatment process with a complimentary design consultation. During the consultation, we’ll give you a quick tour of our showroom and encourage you to view, touch, and interact with different products and fabrics to see which ones you respond most to.
Goals of the meeting:
- For you and your designer to get to know one another
- Identify and discuss your design tastes
- Decide on the functional needs of your window treatments (privacy, sun control, UV protection, blackout…)
- Discuss your budget so we can stay within it
We’ll ask you a few questions to help us uncover your needs & discover which products are best suited for your home.
Expect questions like…
- How long do you plan to stay in your home?
- Do you prefer to tilt the vanes of your shades or completely raise your shades?
- How important is privacy, blackout capability, heat reduction, sound reduction, and UV protection?
Your designer will prepare an estimate for you that reflects your product and fabric choices. She will also coordinate an in-home measurement appointment and installation.
Request your complimentary design consultation
Fill out the form and we will contact you to get started.
Get the most out of your design consultation.
You don’t have to bring a thing to your design consultation, but it can be more productive if you have the following with you:
- Inspirational pictures from magazines or websites that showcase the style you’d like to achieve
- Photos of your space and your windows
- Paint names and fabric swatches of your furniture
- Rough measurements of your room and window. Don’t worry about exact measurements! We’ll visit your home to verify measurements before a final purchase is made.