Our outdoor shades make outdoor living spaces more comfortable year-round, and for that reason are quickly becoming one of our most popular products. Are they the right solution for your outdoor space? The answers to our most frequently asked questions can help you decide.
What are the major benefits of Drapery Street’s outdoor shades?
- Keep blinding sun out of your eyes so you can actually enjoy your views
- Provide privacy so neighbors can’t see onto your porch but you can still see out
- Reduce wind
- Bug screens prevent insects from entering your porch
- In spring/summer, outdoor shades keep your porch cooler by blocking powerful UV rays
- In fall/winter, outdoor shades help retain heat from outdoor heaters and fireplaces
- Fully retractable so when they aren’t in use, you can’t even tell they are there!
- Comes in a variety of custom colors to perfectly match your home’s exterior
What kind of structure can I install outdoor shades on?
Our outdoor shades are perfect for covered porches, pergolas, lanais, sunrooms, and under decks.
Are they motorized?
We have motorized and non-motorized options. Our motorized outdoor shades are compatible with most home automation systems.
Are they durable?
Yes, we proudly offer the most durable outdoor shades. They have:
- Extruded aluminum housing & tracks
- Rubber sealing under the weight bar that seals better against grout lines, pavers, & uneven surfaces
- Stainless steel fasteners to prevent rust
- Powder-coated aluminum to prevent chipping, peeling, or bubbling of paint
- Wind-tested and resistant up to 50mph
- Super heavy-weight bar for smooth operation
When should I install outdoor shades?
Outdoor shades can be installed during the home build process or after your home is built. If you are building a new home, we recommend getting the conversation started early so we can work with your builder to pre-wire and ensure the best plan for your outdoor space.
Are your outdoor shades child & pet-safe?
Yes! Our shades have child and pet-safe motors that will stop the shade from raising or lowering if it touches anything.
How do I get started?
Ready to improve the comfort of your outdoor living spaces with outdoor shades? Request a complimentary design consultation with our outdoor specialist.